NECK LINE OR LOWER BEARD BORDER
A beard perfectly protects your face from the scorching sun and allows you to keep warm in the cold season. In addition, the beard easily hides the presence of a double chin and guarantees complete immunity to your shaver. And let’s all the same admit that women like bearded men, a beard is courageous, the argument is over.
Trim and Line Your Beard
The chic look of a thick beard can be completely ruined by mistake number one – incorrect neckline. To avoid falling victim to the crooked lower border of the beard, you need to carefully:
- Loking it in the mirror and study how the natural line of the neck should pass correctly.
- For those with a very thick beard, the upper border of the beard along the cheek line is also very important.
Trim Your Beard Neckline
To understand how this line should go, draw an imaginary line from the earlobe down under the chin and back to the second earlobe. By shaving off the stubble under this line, you will already have a very tidy beard.
When determining where the lower edge of the beard should go, you can use the Adam’s apple as a guide. Typically, this line runs one or two fingers above his level. Line heights are very individual, so try each of the options above to see which option is right for you. Try not to round the neck line too much; a smooth upward arc is what you should rely on.
But what about where the beard meets the face (at the corner of the jaw)? In this case, you have two main options:
| See look more article: Man’s Grooming Beard
Classic Super Short Line-Up Haircut & Beard
- Shave the line at an angle, which visually makes the face more masculine.
- Slightly round this line, which gives the beard a more classic look.
- The design of the lower border of the beard is a kind of art and there is no one universally recognized standard of how to do it correctly.
- When in doubt, the best option is to visit a trusted professional barber who will advise and help create the perfect neck and cheek line for your beard.
The main purpose of this visit is to frame the beard in a certain, correct form that would please you and please the eyes of others.